Thursday, October 21, 2010

Caramel Apples

Today is a really tasty national food holiday because it is national caramel apple day. I didn't want to make just regular caramel apples for this special day, instead I wanted to go crazy and dip them in chocolate and drizzle them with nuts as well. I really never made caramel apples before so this was a first for me. Turns out I did a good job because they didn't last long in my house. I will definitely be making these again because they were so delicious. Well I hope you can enjoy national caramel apple day with a caramel apple of your own, even if you go buy one from the store. :)
Caramel Apples
1 package of caramel squares unwrapped
2 tablespoons of water
5 apples
5 Popsicle or lolly pop sticks
1 package of melting chocolate (milk, dark or white, you decide)
Chopped nuts (optional)
Heavily butter a baking pan and set aside. Place the sticks in the apples and set aside. Melt the caramel squares and water in a saucepan over a medium heat. Stir constantly until melted. Dip the apples in the caramel and scrape off excess before transferring to the buttered pan. Repeat until all apples are covered. Chill for a few minutes. Melt the chocolate in a microwave safe dish, making sure to stir constantly making sure it doesn't burn. Dip apples in the chocolate and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Sprinkle nuts and drizzle chocolate on the apples if you desire. Let cool and enjoy. :)
Pin It

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails