Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Fabulous Cherry Bars


I was searching around the Betty Crocker website and I came across many recipes that looked delicious. One of the ones I decided I will try was the Fabulous Fruits Bars because they looked good and easy to make, plus I already had most of the ingredients. Mine did not come out exactly like hers, but mine still came out pretty good, judging by the empty pan :) The only thing I noticed when it came to the recipe is that mine were done in 35 minutes not 45, therefore I would suggest that you keep an eye on them to make sure they do not burn. I would also probably recommend adding maybe a second can of cherry pie filling, since I feel it needed more.

Fabulous Cherry Bars
Base:
2 pouches (1 lb 1.5 oz each) Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix
1 cup butter
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
2 eggs

Filling:
1 can (21oz) cherry pie filling
Topping:
1 cup powdered sugar
1 Tablespoon milk
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
Heat the oven to 350ºF. Spray the bottom and sides of a 13x9 in. baking pan with cooking spray. In a mixing bowl blend the base ingredients until it forms a soft dough. Press half the dough into bottom of pan. Spread the pie filling over dough and then drop the remaining dough by teaspoonfuls over the filling. Bake 35- 45 minutes or until golden brown. Cool. In a small bowl stir the topping ingredients until smooth. If needed add additional milk 1 teaspoon at a time until it is smooth enough to drizzle over the tops of the bars. Cut into bars and enjoy.
Pin It

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails