Friday, April 1, 2011

Pickle Cupcakes




Anyone want to try a pickle cupcake? They are the most wonderful thing in the world. If you have not tried them yet you are really missing out. April Fools!!!! These are not real pickle cupcakes. I actually think that would be really disgusting. The pickle on top of these cupcakes are actually pickle shaped candy that I found at work the other day. When I first saw these candies I just thought they were the funniest candy I have ever seen and I just had to buy them and do something fun with them. That is when I came up with the fun idea of pickle cupcakes. To make the cupcakes more interesting I dyed the cake batter with green food coloring to make it more pickle like. I can't wait to see every ones reaction at work today when they see these cupcakes. Hopefully everyone gets a good laugh out of these. Have a fun April Fools Day!!!


Unfortunately, the wrapper to the pickle candies got tossed right after making the cupcakes and I cannot remember the brand. I have been searching and searching online since I made these as well as continuously looking at my job, and I cannot find these candies anywhere. As soon as I do I will post all the information on here that way everyone can enjoy these pickle candies. :) 
Pin It

35 comments:

  1. Hi :)
    i just came across your blog while searching candy shaped pickles and i just love those cupcakes! Which store did you find these pickle candies?

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry, i didn't leave my contact info for the previous comment. My email is shaynapickle@yahoo.com Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. can you also tell me where you found those pickle candies? we are making my 80 year old mother a pickle themed party and these would be perfect! esloane1@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you please email where you found the candy? I am having a pickles and ice cream baby shower and they would be perfect!!
    Thanks so much!
    Leah
    Lmk_276@ yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. i was wondering where you found the pickle candies? I am throwing my almost one year a party and we call him pickle so this is now our theme for his party and I would love to make these. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. we are making cupcakes for a book report and need pickle candies on top - can you email us where to get them? shop@vmcintoshcpa.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can get the pickle candy at Sugar Shop in Brooklyn NY! http://sugarshopbrooklyn.com/
    I received a bag of pickle candy from there from a friend: http://picklefreak.com/2012/09/pickle-candy/

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG!!! Thank you so much for that info. I have been looking for them ever since I made these.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can also buy them at Candy Warehouse.

    http://www.candywarehouse.com/products/new-york-gherkin-pickles-candy-5lb-bag/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails