Saturday, April 30, 2011

Red Wine Bottle Cake




This here is my latest cake creation, which is a red wine bottle shaped cake. It is not as extravagant as other cakes I saw online, but it is the best that I could do. So let me talk a little about what I did. The reason I did the star tip design is because since I carved the two layer cake into a wine bottle shape, I didn't want to get crumbs in the frosting when spreading it. Therefore I did the star tip that way the crumbs would not go everywhere. The hardest thing about this cake was making the frosting a red wine color, which I was never able to do. Therefore it is more of a grape purple color. Now you cant really notice in the picture, but there is three shades of purple on the cake, however it was not intentional. Every time the frosting would get warm while piping, I would put it in the fridge to cool. When ready I would take it out and continue frosting the cake. Well I didn't notice until the next day that each time I did that the purple shade got darker and darker. Even with the little flaws I think the cake still came out great and I hope that Penny loves the cake. :)
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails