Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Garlic Lentil Soup


Years ago I did a post on some lentil soup that I had made. Well now there is a new lentil soup in this house and the best thing about it is it taste just like the one I enjoyed as a kid at my daycare. Tomas also loves this soup as well because of the garlic. It is very quick and easy to make which is why i have made it twice within a couple of weeks. I know I will be making this soup in the near future. Especially since there is never any leftovers when I do make it. 

Ingredients
1 package of bacon
1 cup lentils
6 cloves garlic, minced
6 cups chicken broth
2 teaspoon onion powder
2 teaspoon chopped bay leaves 

Directions
Cook 4 strips of bacon and set aside for cooking in the soup. Chop the rest of the bacon into small pieces and cook and set aside for topping on the soup. In a pot add lentils, garlic, chicken broth, onion powder, bay leaves, and cooked strips of bacon. Cook on med high heat until lentils are soft. Serve and top with bacon pieces and homemade croutons and some bread on the side. Enjoy :) 



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails