Thursday, February 18, 2010

Hidden Kiss Surprise Cookie



At my job everyone calls me the Betty Crocker of HomeGoods. So when anyone has questions about cooking, they come to me. Well over a few years ago my friend asked for a good chocolate chip cookie recipe that she could use in a competition that she was having in her high school economics class. After a lot of research I came across this recipe on the Hershey website. So she tried it out and won the competition because she made a chocolate chip cookie that was not like the typical kind of chocolate chip cookie. It has been a long time since I made these myself, but since I saw the Hershey kisses on sale, I decided that maybe its time that I make them again. So here is the recipe so you can enjoy this tasty treat.

Hidden Kiss Surprise Cookie

48 Hershey Kisses, unwrapped
1 cup butter, softened
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips

Chocolate Drizzle
¼ cup chocolate chips
1 tsp shortening

Preheat oven to 375º. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla in a bowl until well blended. Add the flour to the butter mixture and blend until smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips. Mold a scant amount of dough around each Hershey kiss covering it completely. Shape into round balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool slightly and move to a cooling rack and cool completely. Prepare chocolate drizzle by melting the chocolate chips and the shortening together in a microwave safe dish 30 seconds at a time until completely smooth. Using a spoon drizzle chocolate over cookies and enjoy.
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Looks good, you are a chip off this old block!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUMMY! These look so good! I love the coconut kisses this time of year! They would be so good and a perfect surprise! Welcome to foodie blogroll! Check out my blog @ www.fromcupboardtocupboard.blogspot.com

    I love your blog!
    Thanks!
    Teauna :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails