Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Key Lime Pie


For Valentine's Day I thought it would be nice if I made my boyfriend Tomas his favorite dessert, which is key lime pie. He absolutely loved it and was so surprised I made it because he thought I bought it. He also loved the heart shaped limes that I placed in the middle of the pie. Since he enjoyed the pie so much I would like to share this simple recipe so you can make this pie as well. I actually found this recipe in the Southern Living: Our Best-Ever Cakes and Pies magazine that I bought a long time ago. I did change a couple of things with this recipe. It is actually is suppose to have a meringue topping, but since none of us like meringue I decided to garnish it with whip cream and lime wedges. Also if you prefer to not make the pie crust then you can buy an already made graham cracker crust at the store.

Key Lime Pie
Pie Crust:
1 ¼ cups graham Cracker Crumbs
1/3 cup butter, melted
¼ cup firmly packed brown sugar.

Filling:
2 (14oz) cans sweetened condensed milk
1 cup key lime juice

Preheat oven to 350º. Combine the pie crust ingredients and press the crust mixture on bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Bake 10 minutes. Let it cool completely. Preheat the oven to 325º. Stir together the sweetened condensed milk and key lime juice until blended. Pour into the prepared crust and bake for 22-25 minutes. Cool for 8 hours.


These are the flowers my boyfriend gave me on Valentine's day. He also gave me a Coach purse for Valentine's Day but he gave that to me a few weeks before. He is so sweet I love him so much.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails