Thursday, October 14, 2010

Lentil Soup

I was first introduced to lentil soup at the day care that I went to when I was a child. I absolutely loved that soup and still think about it to this day. My mom has tried recreating it, as well as myself, and every time it does not taste the same as the one that my daycare would make. Don't get me wrong, the soups that my mom made were great and the one I just made was really good too, but there was something about their lentil soup that is making me crave it to this day. I try to tell myself that my taste palate has changed since I was younger and that the lentil soups I eat today probably taste the same. But not matter how much convincing I do, I still think that lentil soup was the best soup ever.

Even though this lentil soup I made is not the same as my childhood, it is still pretty good. Everyone at my house loved it so much that there was not even a drop left in the pan, as a matter of fact there want even a single lentil left in the pot. I got this recipe of the back of the bag of Market Pantry Lentils from Target and I made a few changes to accommodate our taste. So I will provide the revised recipe below. I crinkled cut the vegetables for presentation purposes, but you don't have to do the same if you don't choose to. Well I hope you enjoy this tasty soup. Enjoy :)

Lentil Soup
3 cans chicken broth
3 cups water
1 cup lentils
3 medium carrots, diced
5 red potatoes, cubed
1 can diced tomatoes
3 tablespoons Herbs De Provence, or Italian Seasoning
1 kielbasa sliced



Slice the kielbasa and place in a 10-inch skillet. Saute until they are a little browned; set aside. Add everything, besides the kielbasa into a pot and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a medium-low heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Add the kielbasa and cook for another 10 minutes. Serve and enjoy.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails