Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Pasta Fagioli

Last night for dinner I wanted to make this delicious soup that I saw in this months issue of Food Network Magazine, but when I went to the store to pick up the ingredients I soon realized that I couldn't find some of the ingredients and the ones I did find were a little costy. Since that dinner plan went down the drain I had to quickly think of something else. I began to read recipes on the back of some of the products at the store, but I was still having no luck. Then I saw a website listed on the back of a package. So I pulled out my phone and looked up the website called Barilla. I decided to look up soups and the first one that came up was one that looked exactly like the soup I was originally going to make but cheaper. So I grabbed the ingredients I needed and gave the recipe a try. I changed the recipe a lot to accommodate to my taste, therefore the recipe provided below is how I made it. Since I changed the recipe I also had to change the name of it as well. So if you want the original recipe then click this link to go to Barilla.com :)


Pasta Fagioli
1 1/2 cup pasta shells
4 medium carrots sliced
4 cloves garlic
32 oz chicken broth
2 cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
2 cans of Italian style tomatoes
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
Add carrots and garlic to a large stockpot and saute for a few minutes or until tender. Add broth and beans; heat to a simmer. Stir in tomatoes, pasta shells, 2 tablespoons parsley, oregano, pepper and salt. Boil 10-12 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in remaining parsley and 1/2 cup cheese. Serve with some cheese on top and enjoy. :)
This is the picture Tomas took with the garlic cheesy bread we had with it in the background








Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails