Saturday, October 16, 2010

Fortune Cookie Cupcake

Today is National World Food day and that is why I thought it would be perfect if I shared my fortune cookie cupcake with everyone. I wanted to make something Slovakian, since my boyfriend Tomas is Slovakian, but I didnt know any slovakian recipes, plus I was super busy this week. Now if you look closely at the cupcake it is not a real fortune cookie, it looks like one but it is not. It is actually a caramel square that I rolled out and shaped into a fortune cookie. I got this idea from my the book Whats New, Cupcake? It is actually pretty easy to do. Just take a caramel square and roll it out into a circle using a rolling pin. Then fold in half and then bring the two ends together making a fortune cookie shape. You can even gie it a little creative touch and put a small fortune inside the cookie. Well I hope you enjoy this national food holiday of world food day with you favorite international dish. :)
Pin It

8 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails