Sunday, October 10, 2010

Pomegranate Angel Food Cake


Today is going to be a heavenly day because today is national angel food cake day. So to celebrate I wanted to try a new angel food cake recipe. A while back I discovered this wonderful company that makes dried fruits. What is good about these fruits is when they dry them they don't add anything to them; they are naturally sweetened with their own sugars. They also make dried vegetables, but I haven't tried any of those yet. When I first tried them I had the cherries which I thought were amazing, so I wanted to see what else they had. When I saw they made dried pomegranate I got really excited. I thought it would be nice if I put them in angel food cake, since I saw that someone else has done it before. I put off making it for the longest time, but I thought with it being national angel food cake day that it would be only best I gave it a try. Unfortunately,after all this time planning to make it, I personally was disappointed. It wasn't really the cake I was disappointed with, it was the pomegranate. One thing I didn't pay attention to was that the seeds are still in the pomegranate. I know that some people do eat the seeds, but I personally don't like it. I usually have to spit the seeds out when I eat fresh pomegranate just because I don't like them. So if you don't mind the seeds then you will like this cake, however if you don't like pomegranate seeds then I wouldn't recommend that you make this. So therefore you should make a different angel food cake to celebrate this national holiday.
Pomegranate Angel Food Cake
1 angel food cake mix
1 cup dried pomegranate seeds
Follow directions on back of package. Fold the pomegranate into the mix. Then bake as directed on the back of the box.

That is the company that makes really delicious healthy dried fruits. I recommend you give them a try.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails