Sunday, March 28, 2010

Bird's Nest


I thought it would be fun if I made something inspired by Easter. So as I was walking down the Easter candy isle I came across Reese's Pieces eggs, so I thought it would be nice if I made a nest to put them in. Therefore I decided to make a favorite childhood treat that my mom used to make for me and my sister, but instead of them being called Bird's Nest we called them Haystacks. The only thing different about the two is we never put egg shaped candy on top, that was just a little creative touch of mine.



Bird's Nest
1(12 oz) package package of semi-sweet chocolate chips
½ cup peanut butter
3 ½ cups crunchy chow mein noodles
Measure out the crunchy chow mein noodles and place in a deep bowl, set aside. In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips and peanut butter in 30 second intervals until smooth. Pour the melted chocolate peanut butter mixture over the chow mein noodles. Stir until coated. Drop by spoon on to waxed paper lined baking sheet making nest shapes. Place egg shaped candy on top of nest. Put in the refrigerator until chocolate is no longer melted. Store in an air tight container, preferably in the fridge so the chocolate will not melt. Enjoy.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails