Thursday, April 29, 2010

Cinnamon Biscuits with Fried Apples


I ended up waking up early this morning and thought it would be nice if I surprised my boyfriend with a delicious breakfast. I didn't know what I should make, but I did know I wanted it to involve apples because I have so many. Thats when it hit me that my mom put a post on her blog a while back involving biscuits and apples. So I went to her blog and found her recipe for Cinnamon Biscuits with Fried apples. Turns out this recipe started as a mistake when she opened the wrong can of biscuits one morning. Using her creative mind she turned a simple mistake into a wonderful tasty breakfast. Both my boyfriend and I loved it so much that we both agree that I will have to make it again. Thank you mom for this delicious creation.
Cinnamon Biscuits with Fried Apples
1 (16oz) can refrigerated large biscuits (I used Pillsbury’s Grand Flaky Buttermilk Biscuits)
½ cup sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
¼ cup butter, melted
4 medium apples; peeled, cored, and sliced
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon cinnamon
½ cup brown sugar

Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Pour melted butter into small bowl, set aside. In another bowl mix together the ½ cup sugar and 1 tablespoon cinnamon. Dip the biscuits into the melted butter and then into the cinnamon sugar mixture making sure it’s evenly coated. Place onto lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake 12-15 minutes. Meanwhile prepare the fried apples. In a medium skillet melt the 2 tablespoons butter. Add the apples, brown sugar and cinnamon. Sauté for about fifteen minutes or until the apples are tender. Serve over warm cinnamon biscuits and enjoy. :)
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails