Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Monkey Bread



When I was younger I would always have slumber parties and the one thing that everyone looked forward to, besides me, jk, was the monkey bread in the morning. After staying up all night talking and playing games we would wake up to the wonderful aroma of the monkey bread that my mom would be making in the kitchen. Not one of us would sleep in because we wanted to make sure we would not be left out on this yummy treat. Being the dorks that we were some of us would start making monkey noises to be funny. Now that I am older there are no more slumber parties or waking up to that wonderful smell because now if I want it I have to make it myself.


Well a few weeks ago I told my friend Cynthia that I would bake her something yummy for helping me out with something. The thing she requested turned out to be monkey bread. So I got the idea that we should make it together so I can teach her how to make it. So after we went out for a lovely lunch and did some shopping we went to my house and baked the monkey bread together. We had a lot of fun making it together and it came out looking great. Now she will be able to make it for herself and others. If you haven't made or tried monkey bread before I would highly recommend you do so because it is wonderful.
Monkey Bread
4 cans refrigerated biscuits
½ cup sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 stick butter
4 tsp cinnamon
1 cup sugar

Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Cut the biscuits into fours and place in a large bowl. Mix together the ½ cup sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon, pour over the biscuit pieces and mix until evenly coated. Place in a greased bundt pan and set aside. Boil 1 cup sugar, butter, and 4 teaspoons cinnamon for 1 minute. Pour the mixture over the biscuits in the bundt pan. Bake for 35 minutes. Let cool for a couple of minutes. Enjoy :)

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails