Monday, April 5, 2010

Caramel Macchiato Cookies




My roommate Monika, whom is also my boyfriend's sister and my best friend, loves to drink caramel macchiato's. Well as I was searching through recipes at Bettycrocker.com I came across this recipe for caramel macchiato cookies and I told myself I will definitely have to make these for her since it is her favorite drink. Well she ended up loving the cookies as well as the rest of us. In fact my boyfriend ate three and he is usually not big on sweets. Well I hope you enjoy these delicious cookies as much as we did.
Caramel Macchiato Cookies
2 teaspoons instant espresso coffee powder or granules
1 tablespoon hot water
1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix
¼ cup all-purpose flour
½ cup butter, melted
1 egg
18 caramel squares, unwrapped
2 tablespoons milk
½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 teaspoon shortening

Preheat the oven to 375ºF. In a large bowl dissolve the coffee powder in the hot water. Stir in the cookie mix, flour, butter, vanilla, and egg until it forms a soft dough. Shape the dough into 1 ½-inch balls. Place the balls on ungreased cookie sheets, placing them 2 inches apart. Press an indentation on top of each ball using your thumb or spoon. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the edges are a light golden brown. If indention disappears after baking just redo the indentation. Move cookies to cookie sheet and let cool. In a small microwaveable bowl, melt the caramels and milk on high for 1 minute and 30 seconds, stirring after every 30 seconds. Spoon the caramel mixture into the indentations on the cookies. Let cool 15 minutes. In another small microwaveable bowl, melt the chocolate and shortening on high for a minute stirring after 30 seconds, until the chocolate is smooth. Drizzle the chocolate over the cookies. Let stand for 30 minutes or until chocolate is set. Enjoy :)
Pin It

2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails