Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Homemade Salsa

Growing up I never really cared for salsa; probably because it was full of vegetables and it was spicy. But now I love salsa, but mostly just the juice it creates at the bottom of the bowl (I'm kind of weird I guess). Well the other day I got a weird craving for salsa, but not for the typical kind you can buy in a jar at the grocery store, I wanted a more authentic salsa that you get at a restaurant or make yourself. So I called my mom up and asked her how she makes her really good salsa and she gave me the recipe. As I was driving home from work I stopped at the store to buy the few ingredients that I needed and then headed home to make it for everyone. It was pretty easy to make. I did get very emotional when it came to dicing the onions, but as soon as that was over with it was a piece a cake. I hope you enjoy this salsa recipe as much as everyone in my house did. :)

Homemade Salsa

About 6 Roma Tomatoes
1 small red onion
Half a can of canned carrots with jalopenos (in the hispanic isle at the grocery store, Sorry I cant remember the name)
Half of a bunch of cilantro

Dice the tomatoes and place in a big bowl. Dice the tomatoes and mix it with the tomatoes. Take the half can of carrots (or if you want more carrots you can use the whole can if you desire) and place in a food processor with the cilantro. Process for a few seconds until nicely diced mix with the tomato and onion mixture.

If you feel that the salsa needs more of any of these ingredients feel free to add more. The measurements above were to our liking. Thanks Mom for the recipe :)
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails