Saturday, April 24, 2010

Karla's First Communion Cake

This was my latest project that I worked on this weekend. It was for my bosses daughter Karla's First Communion. We decided it would be neat if we made the cake into the shape of an open Bible with a cross on one side and the writing on the other. We also decided that there should be pink flowers in the corners. I was kind of nervous at first because I have never made flowers before out of buttercream frosting. Luckily they came out looking somewhat descent. All in all I think he was happy with how it turned out, at least I hope so. I guess I will find out on Monday :)


Here is another view of the cake.


An up close shot at the flowers I made for the first time :)


And here is an up close shot of the cross I frosted with a baby rose in the center.


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails