Saturday, May 1, 2010

Baby Apple Pies


I still have a lot of apples in my house, therefore I keep thinking of recipes that will involve them so I can get rid of them before they go bad. So the other day I got to thinking and decided that I should make some baby apple pies for desert. The good thing about these apples pies is since they are small you do not eat as much as you would if you had a slice of a big pie (that is if you eat no more than a couple). Mine didn't come out looking too pretty because I was in a hurry so me and my boyfriend could watch a movie, however they did come out tasting pretty good. I hope you enjoy making and eating these baby apple pies as much as we did. :)
Baby Apple Pies
1 package of refrigerated pie crust
3 medium sized apples peeled, cored, and diced
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon

Preheat the oven to 350º F. In a bowl mix together the diced apples, cinnamon, and sugar; set aside. Roll out the pie crust and cut out 12 circles, about 3in in diameter, place the cut dough into each section of an ungreassed cupcake pan, press down to form pie shells. Spoon a little of the apple mixture into the 12 pie shells. Using the scraps of the pie crust dough, cut out strips that are about the size of the pies and lay in a crisscross pattern. For an added little touch you can cut out shapes with a small cookie cutter and place them on top. Bake for 25- 30 minutes or until the pie crust are a golden brown. Enjoy :)

You may end up with enough extra dough and apple mixture to make more pies than 12. So just keep making them until you run out of the ingredients.



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails