Thursday, May 20, 2010

Rocky Road Brownies


I love brownies:) I would have to admit that they are one of my favorite deserts. Every time me and my friend Cynthia go out to eat we cant resist but share a brownie at the end of our meal. Well anyways my brownie creation came about a few years ago when I had an obsession with German chocolate. So I created a German chocolate brownie which became a hit (which I will share the recipe sometime in a future post). Since the success of that brownie I have been wanting to create another tasty brownie, but I did not know what I wanted to do. I finally decided that I wanted to make a rocky road brownie. The one thing that kept holding me back from making them was I did not know how I was going to get the toppings to stay on top of the brownies. I came up with the idea of pouring a chocolate ganache on top so it would hold the toppings in place. In the end the brownies came out tasting amazing. I would recommend drinking a nice glass of milk because these brownies are rich. Enjoy :)
Now either you can use a brownie mix or your favorite brownie recipe. If you don't have either I will include the brownie recipe that I have been using for years below.
Brownies
¾ cup all-purpose flour
¼ teaspoon baking soda
¾ cup sugar
1/3 cup butter
2 tablespoons water
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs

Ganache
¾ cup heavy cream
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Topping
1 cup mini marshmallows
½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
½ cup chopped almonds

Brownies: Preheat the oven to 325ºF. Grease a 9-inch square baking pan. In a small bowl ix together the flour and baking soda; set aside. In a small saucepan combine the sugar, butter, and water. Bring to a boil over a medium high heat; remove immediately from heat. Stir in the chocolate chips and vanilla until chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth. Transfer mixture to a bowl and cool completely. Stir in 1 egg at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually stir in flour mixture until smooth. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. While the brownies are baking prepare the ganache.

Ganache: Bring the heavy cream to a boil in a small saucepan. Remove from heat and add the semi-sweet chocolate chips. Stir until most of chocolate is melted. Cover and let stand for about 10 minutes. Then gently stir until chocolate is smooth. As the ganache is cooling prepare the topping.

Topping: Mix together the marshmallows, chocolate chips, and chopped almonds. Set aside.

When Brownies are done let cool. Pour the chocolate ganache on top, reserving a small amount for drizzling. Pour the topping mixture on top of the ganache. Drizzle the leftover ganache on top. Let the chocolate set and then enjoy. :)
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails