Saturday, November 27, 2010

Turtle Cake





I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving, I know I did. I went home to Atwater and spent time with my family. Unfortunately I could only stay for the day because I had to work the next day at 6:30 in the morning. Well anyways did you know that there was another day worth celebrating on Thanksgiving? The 26th of November was also national cake day, So to celebrate I made a turtle cake. It was actually a death by chocolate cake, but I made a turtle topping and poured it on top. Everything came out great and tasted wonderful. However there was one problem with my caramel sauce; it was a little on the thin side. But it turned out to not be a bad thing because it just soaked into the cake making the cake have a moist caramely top. Well I hope you get to enjoy this cake and I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and ate lots of great food. :)
Turtle Cake
Death by chocolate cake
4 eggs
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup oil
1 package chocolate cake mix
1 package instant pudding mix
12 oz package semi-sweet chocolate chips
Caramel Turtle Topping
25 caramel squares unwrapped
2 Tbsp milk
2Tbsp butter
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350*F. Beat together the sour cream, water, and oil in a large bowl. Add the cake mix and pudding mix. Beat until smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips. Pour into greased bundt pan and bake for 1 hour. Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack.
Next prepare the topping. Melt the caramels, milk and butter in the microwave for a minute and a half. Make sure to stir every 30 seconds. Cook until melted. Place the cake on a plate and pour the caramel on the top of the cake. Next sprinkle the pecans and the chocolate chips on top. Serve and enjoy :)




Pin It

1 comment:

  1. wow. that's one intense chocolate cake but it sounds incredibly delicious. care to send a slice my way? :P

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails