Monday, November 8, 2010

Fried Won Ton Wrapped Rolos

After Halloween I stocked up on a lot of candy, especially since they were half off. I let every one at my house eat most of the candy besides the Rolos because I was going to make these candies called Pecan Pretzel Turtles that my mom made on her blog. Well while I was working yesterday this idea popped in my head to wrap a rolo in a won ton wrapper and fry it, almost like I did when I made the Fried Nutella Won tons. They came out so good and I loved the warm chocolate and caramel centers. The only tricky part was sealing the wrapper completely so the oil didn't go inside or so a Rolo didn't escape, which did happen once. But after you get the sealing part down they become easier to make. Well I hope you love these little crispy pillows of goodness. :)

Fried Won Ton Wrapped Rolos

Small square Won ton Wrappers

Rolos, unwrapped

Oil for Frying

Heat up the oil in a fryer or a pot on the stove. Take a won ton wrapper and wet the edges with a little bit of water. Place a Rolo in the center. Bring up the edges to the middle and seal the edges by firmly pressing them together leaving no openings. Gently place in the hot oil and fry until a nice golden brown. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate to cool. Dust with powdered sugar and enjoy warm.


This is my attempt of taking a photo of the chocolate caramel goodness on the inside of the Won ton. It doesn't look as pretty as it taste.


I was just having fun with this shot.



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails