Sunday, November 14, 2010

Cherry Blossom Cake

Guess what? I made another cake. I have been making cakes like crazy lately, but I don't mind one bit because I absolutely love it. It is also great practice. I made this cake the other night for my friend Amie. It was her birthday and they invited me and Tomas to come over for some drinks. I didn't want to show up empty handed so I hurried up and put together a cake for her. While making it I was saying that I felt like I was partaking in one of those cake challenges because I had this cake finished in less than 20 minutes (not including baking time though). What made this cake a little easier is I made the cherry blossoms a few days back, so all I had to do was pop them on. One special thing about this cake, for me at least, is that it was one of the first times I used fondant. I tried using it years ago, but I had no idea what I was doing, therefore the cake suffered a little. However, this cake came out cute, it has a few mistakes (such as it being a little short and the branches are a little too thick) but hey I'm learning. :)
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. The cherry blossom cake looks amazing!! Im making one for a party but i need directions on how to make it and i cant seem to find any recipes. How did you make yours? So if you could help me that would be great. Thanks =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was browsing the web, looking for a golf cake, and found your site. Of course I had to look at your other cakes, and this one is just amazing! I'm sure you're familiar with the Cake Wrecks website. Your work blows away all those "professional" cake decorators!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails