Saturday, November 6, 2010

Dessert Nachos


I feel like it has been a while since the last time I celebrated a national food holiday and the sad thing is I missed out on some good ones that would have been fun to do. So to get back in the game I decided to celebrate today's national food holiday but with a twist. Today is national nachos day and instead of me making regular nachos I decided to make dessert nachos. I started off by making baked cinnamon and sugar won ton chips (which I will provide the recipe below)and I topped them off with some apples and chopped peanuts and then I drizzled chocolate sauce and caramel sauce on top. There is no right or wrong way when it comes to what you want on top of your dessert nachos because you can put what ever you want on top. Just remember to have fun and be creative on national nachos day :)


Now I don't have a precise measurement for the won ton chips because it depends on how many you want to make and how much cinnamon and sugar you want to sprinkle on top. These chips are pretty yummy so you might just end using up the whole package.

Cinnamon Sugar Won ton Chips

won ton wrapper squares, cut into triangles
Splenda or regular sugar
Cinnamon

Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray. Line up the cut won ton wrappers on top of the greased pan. Spray the tops of the wrappers with a little cooking spray. Sprinkle the Splenda or sugar on the tops of the wrappers and then sprinkle a little cinnamon on top of that; you can also premix the cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl and then sprinkle that on top of the wrappers. Place in the oven and broil until they start to brown a little. Let cool and enjoy. :)
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails