Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Key Lime Cheesecake

I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day yesterday because I know I did, even though I had to work. Well while I was at work my boyfriend Tomas surprised me by bringing me a dozen roses and some balloons. I was extremely surprised because he already got me a pair of Burberry sandals, so I was not expecting anything else. Because of his sweet an special delivery I was all smiles for the rest of the day. Well after work I had a special dinner planned for Tomas and his sister Monika and her boyfriend, but since no one would be home until 10PM I had a few hours until they all came home. So over the next few days I will share some of the things that was on the menu, but first I will share what we had for desert. I didn't want to make key lime pie, like I did last year, so instead I made key lime cheesecake. It came out amazing, especially since it was the first cheesecake I have ever made. It even tasted better the next day, at least what was left of it. Now I got the original recipe from Allrecipes.com however I made a change to one of the ingredients in the crust. Instead of using graham crackers I used ginger snaps because I feel that it is a more flavorful crust. So whatever way you decide to make it I hope you enjoy it as much as we did. :)
Key Lime Cheesecake
1 1/2 cups ginger snap crumbs
6 tablespoons butter, melted
24 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
3 eggs
1 tablespoon grated lime zest
2/3 cup key lime juice
Directions
Combine ginger snap crumbs with butter or margarine. Press into bottom and partially up sides of 9 inch springform pan. Refrigerate. In a large bowl, beat with an electric mixer the cream cheese, sugar, lime peel, and cornstarch until smooth and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time, blending just until smooth. Add key lime juice with mixer on low. Finish mixing by hand. Do not over beat, or cake will crack during baking. Pour batter into prepared crust.
Bake at 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) for 55 to 65 minutes, or until set. If possible place a shallow pan half full of hot water on lower rack during baking to prevent cracking, if you cannot then just place the cheesecake in the oven. Turn oven off, and let cheesecake stand in oven 30 minutes with the door open at least 4 inches. Remove from oven. Refrigerate cake overnight, and up to three days.

This is the place setting for our Valentine's Day dinner.


Here are the beautiful flowers and balloons that Tomas gave me. :) I love him so much.











Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails