Monday, February 7, 2011

Chocolate and Vanilla Sugar Cookie Hearts

I just love Valentine's Day, in fact I would have to say that it is probably one of my favorite holiday's. I always liked the holiday, but I loved it even more once I began dating my wonderful boyfriend Tomas. Besides the whole love thing, I also love this holiday because it involves hearts. Because I love hearts so much I decided to make cookies in the shape of hearts, but I decided to take it one more step further and cut heart shape holes in the center of the cookies and replace with a different color heart shape. My mom gave me this idea for the cookies back during my high school years, but I never made them because I didn't have anyone to make them for until I started dating Tomas, whom I have been with for four wonderful years and counting. I look forward to the many more Valentine's Days that we will spend together. :)

Chocolate and Vanilla Sugar Cookie Hearts

1 package of Betty Crocker Cookie mix (as well as the ingredients listed on the back of the package).
1/4 cup cocoa powder
Preheat the oven to 375*F. Prepare the cookies according to the package directions. Split the dough in half and mix the cocoa powder into one half of the dough. Turn one of the doughs onto a floured surface and roll to a 1/4 inch thickness. Using a medium sized heart cookie cutter cut heart shapes out of the dough. Then take a small heart cookie cutter and cut a small heart out of the center of the larger heart and set aside. Do the same to the other half of the cookie dough. Place the larger heart cookies on the ungreassed cookie sheets and then place the opposite color little hearts in the centers of the larger hearts. Bake for 8 minutes or until golden brown. Enjoy.






Pin It

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails