Sunday, June 24, 2012

Honey-Lime Chicken Skewers


I wanted to make something good for dinner tonight, so before work this morning I searched Pinterest in hopes to find something good to eat. Within minutes a tasty looking picture caught my eye so I instantly repined it and followed to the pin to the original site. The recipe was called Homey-Lime Chicken Skewers and the recipe looked extremely easy and I had most of the ingredients already. So I made a list of the things I did not have and  headed off to work, followed by the grocery store to pick up the needed items. As soon as I got home I got to marinating, because the chicken would need at least an hour to marinate, and I did not want to be eating dinner too late. Not knowing if we were going to like this recipe or not we gave it a chance and after first bite Tomas and I both agreed that this will definitely have to be made again. I especially knew it was a hit when I saw Tomas get up for seconds, that is usually a sign that what I made was good. :) On top of that it was gone in no time because his brother and sister loved it too. Unfortunately, for me there were no leftovers left for me to have for lunch tomorrow.  


Honey-Lime Chicken Skewers 

3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
juice of one lime
2 garlic cloves, minced
1-2 teaspoon Siracha
red pepper flakes, to taste
2 tablespoon cilantro
1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts

In a small bowl, combine your ingredients, through the cilantro. Mix thoroughly. Pour marinade over chicken breasts and turn to coat. Cover and allow to marinate for at least 1 hour. Grill on medium high heat for 6 to 8 minutes per side, until juices run clear.


The website the recipe came from was Kitchen Meets Girl
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails