Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Mario Kart DS Cake in Red



Here is my latest cake creation, which I am very proud of. As you can see it is a red Nintendo DS which has a game of Mario Kart in progress. This cake will be for my friend's son Jaxon's 6th birthday. Well one day me and Jaxon sat down and started talking about what kind of cake he wanted for his birthday. He told me he wanted to have a cake with Mario on it because he loves Mario and he loves the Super Mario Bros cake I made last year (which happens to be my top blog post of all time :) ) Well he also told me that he wanted a Nintendo DS for his birthday and that he loves playing Mario Kart. So I got the idea that I should make a cake that looks like a DS and have Mario Kart playing on it. Now I knew that the images were going to be a challenge to make, so I came up with the idea of laminating a couple of Mario Kart images to put on top of the cake. Plus if I laminate them it will give it that glossy look of the screen on a real DS. So I researched the web to find some photos, I cropped them down to the size I needed and then I laminated them. Then I baked a regular sized rectangle cake and frosted it red. I place the laminated images on the cake and frosted little buttons on the cake as well as the other details need to make it look like a DS. I even frosted the little touch screen stick on the side as a nice extra touch. And as you can see from the photos how it all came together in the end. I know Jaxon will love his cake and I can't wait to bring it to him. :)




Here is another image of the cake .

I added these on last minute becasue I forgot that there are buttons on the sides of the DS





I added the power switch and where the stick goes as well.






























Pin It

19 comments:

  1. Bedava chat Ve Üyeliksiz chat yapmanızı kolay ve güvenli hale getiren Sohbet odaları sorunsuz kesintisiz arkadaşlık yeni kişilerle tanışma imkanı sağlar.Sohbet
    Mobil Sohbet

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails