Sunday, May 15, 2011

Banana Nut Bread



So I have a legitimate reason for not blogging this past week. That reason being that I had to go away for work again. I was sent to Irvine this time for some training. I had a lot of fun and learned a lot of useful things, but it is good to be back home with Tomas because I missed him a lot. Well the recipe I am going to share with you today is a banana nut bread that I made with my mom not too long ago. We were looking through the Food Network Magazine and found the banana nut bread recipe and decided to give it a try. It came out very yummy and I hope you like it too. Enjoy :)


Banana Nut Bread


1 banana, mashed

1 cup chocolate chips

3/4 cup walnuts

1 1/4 cup flour

3/4 cup sugar

1 teaspoon baking powder

1 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon nutmeg

2 eggs

1/2 cup melted and cooled butter

1/2 cup sour cream

1 teaspoon vanilla extract



Preheat the oven to 350*F. Lightly grease 1 loaf pan. Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a large bowl. Add in the walnuts and chocolate chips. In a medium bowl whisk the eggs, butter, sour cream, and vanilla. Stir in the banana into the egg mixture, then fold in the dry mixture until well combined. Spread the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for about 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 30 minutes and then slice and enjoy :)
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails