Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Peanut Butter Truffle Cookies

It has been a while since I made anything yummy lately. I ended up getting sick about a week ago, therefore I was not able to make anything. Then I have just been to busy as well as lazy to do anything. But Tonight that changed because I was craving something sweet really bad, especially since someone polished off my ice cream that I was looking forward to all day. But I guess things happen for the reason because I I had ice cream then there would have been no cookies. I didn't know what I wanted to make at first, all I know is that I wanted chocolate to be one of the ingredients but I only had less than a cup of chocolate chips left in my cabinet. I ended up pulling out one of my cookbooks I forgot I had. That cookbook is called The Magic of Peanut Butter, put out by Skippy peanut butter. While thumbing through the pages I came across one called truffle cookies. Not only did the title catch my attention, it was also the fact that it only called for 1/2 cup chocolate chips. I was sold. I got up right away and made myself a batch. I must make my cookies too big though because I only ended up with 2 dozen and the recipe says it make 4 dozen. But no matter what the size, they came out great. And since they called for very little ingredients and were very easy to make, I will definitely be making them again shortly, especially since I didn't end up with too many. Well I hope you enjoy them as much as we have here, and let me just say there is probably only a dozen left now. :)
Peanut Butter Truffle Cookies
1 cup peanut butter (creamy or chunky)
1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350*F. In a small bowl combine all the ingredients except the chocolate chips until blended. Stir in the chocolate chips until combined. Drop by rounded teaspoon on to an ungreassed cookie sheet. Bake 9 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Remove to cooling racks and enjoy. :)
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails