Thursday, June 2, 2011

Cupcakes With Chocolate Scissor Decorations


Today is my friend Jeni's last day of work. So I made a special treat to celebrate her leaving us to pursue her career as a great hair stylist. She is very good at what she does and I am very happy that she will be doing what she loves best. That is why I had to make cupcakes that have a little pair of chocolate scissors on them to symbolize her being a hairdresser. The cupcake was just a basic white cake mix and the frosting was just a can of white frosting that I dyed pink. To make the chocolate scissors I printed up an small image of scissors that would fit on the cupcake. I then melted about 1/4 cup of chocolate ships in a plastic sandwich bag with the tip cut off. I then took a large piece of waxed paper and placed it over the image of the scissors. I traced the scissors and repeated until i had about 30 chocolate scissors (make extras in case one breaks). I then placed the waxed paper on a baking sheet and placed in the freezer to set. After frosting the cupcakes place the pair of scissors on top and serve. Well I hope Jeni loves her cupcakes and I wish her the best of luck at her new job. And if you ever need a hair cut or styled let me know and I will tell you where she works. :)
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails