Friday, June 1, 2012

Tomas Law School Book Graduation Cake


First off I would love to say congratulations to my wonderful boyfriend Tomas on Graduating Law School I'm so proud of you. For those of you that don't know Tomas, he just spent the last four years in Law School where he studied just about everyday. So I felt he deserved a wonderful cake to celebrate his graduating. So the day before, while he was off at school studying for the bar, I made a cake with out him knowing and when finished I put it in our mini fridge and made sure he never went in there. On the morning of the graduation he came into the living room to the surprise of the table being decorated with confetti and balloons and in the center of the table was his book cake. Which at first quick glance he thought I just put his books on the table, but as he came closer he realized that the books were a cake. He loved the cake so much he took pictures of it and showed his friends. He then proceeded to tell me how much he loved his cake and it was the best cake anyone ever made for him. That made me so happy to hear.

This cake was actually very easy to make. The bottom red  book was a 9x13 red velvet cake that I cut in half and stacked on top of each other. The top blue book is actually a rice krispie treat which was also made into a 9x13 pan that I then cut in half and stacked on top of each other also. First I frosted the red book and decorated it to look just like Tomas Law book. To make the pages on the book I used Wilton Tip #48. after finishing the red book I moved on to the blue one which I also decorated to look like his law book. Instead of putting the edition of the books or publishers names, I put his school name and the year he graduated in their place. I even put "Congrats Tomas" in the place of those things as well. The finished product came out great and most importantly Tomas loved it and that is what matters most to me.  :)

The side view of Tomas book cake.

The table that I decorated and surprised Tomas with the morning of his graduation :)

Tomas and me. I am so proud of him :)

My mom, Tomas and I.

Congratulations Tomas!!!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails