Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Knitted Pumpkin Baby Hat


Every time I would see knitted pumpkin hats on Pinterest and Ravelry I would just think they were the cutest thing. Jillian, the girl I used to babysit, had one and would wear it every time I would take a walk with her. Well since she already has one I decided that I would make one for Jasey, my friend Bethany's baby girl. I already had some orange yarn in my stash from when I made Tomas an orange beanie, so all I had to buy was the green yarn. After I had all the yarn it was then time to finally decide on which pattern I wanted to go with. For the beanie I made I used two different patterns. I did not care for the leaves that were with the pattern for the hat. Part of it had to do with a crocheted trim and I cannot crochet yet. Plus I loved the curly vines that I saw on a different pattern so I decided to combine the two patterns together. When it came to the vines I did two different sizes. I did one the way it was written and for the second I cast on an extra ten stitches. Both of these patterns I got from Ravelry so if you have an account you will be able to access them there for free. I hope you enjoy your pumpkin baby hat as much as I did and especially as much as my friend Bethany did, which she loved :)


Knitted Pumpkin Baby Hat

Supplies:
Red Heart Super Saver Yarn: Pumpkin Color
Vanna's Choice Yarn: Kelly Green Color
Needles: 
Size No. 6 16" circular knitting needles 
Size 6 double point needles

Patterns:


Pin It

13 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails