Sunday, September 9, 2012

Neapolitan Coconut Cake


I was going through a Neapolitan phase so I decided why not make a Neapolitan cake. Lucky for me I had chocolate cake mix as well as strawberry and vanilla cake mix in my pantry. So one by one I baked them according to the package directions as they cooled I made some coconut butter cream frosting. The reason I did coconut flavor was because I was out of vanilla extract, so I used coconut extract instead. After the cake was cool I began frosting the cake. After frosting the outside of the cake I covered the cake with shredded coconut. As soon as I finished the cake I quickly took some pictures and ate some. It was so yummy and tasted just like Neapolitan ice cream. 

Now because I used a cake mix I ended up with two layers of each flavor. But no worries because It was also a friend Josh birthday so I made him a cake as well.

Slice of cake close up.


So yummy!!!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails