Monday, August 30, 2010

Butter Cream Frosting

One of the questions I am always asked is how do I make the butter cream icing that I put on my cakes. Therefore I decided that it is only best that I put the recipe on my blog. The recipe actually comes from Wilton and it is the one I always use when it comes to decorating cakes. If you want to have different colored frostings just add the frosting dye of your choice. To make chocolate frosting add 1/4 cup of cocoa powder to the frosting. If you want the brown to be a darker tint, then I add brown frosting dye until it is the color I like. Now if you want to make black frosting, then the best thing to do is make the chocolate frosting first and then add black dye to it. Well I hope these tips work for when you make your own butter cream frosting.

Butter Cream Frosting

½ cup butter, softened
½ cup shortening
1 teaspoon clear vanilla
4 cups powdered sugar
3 tablespoons milk

In a mixer, combine the butter and the shortening until mixed. Add the vanilla. Add the powdered sugar 1 cup at a time making sure to scrape the bowl. The frosting will look crumbly and that’s ok. Add the milk until the frosting is smooth. At this point add the colored dye or cocoa powder depending on what kind of frosting you want to make. Enjoy.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails