Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Carmel-Pecan Chocolate Brownies

Yesterday marked the 4 year anniversary of me and my boyfriend being together, and they have been a wonderful four years. To celebrate I wanted to make him something special. First, I made him his favorite meal, which is tacos. He loves when I make tacos, so he was very happy when I made them for him. For dessert I wanted to make something chocolaty so I tried a new brownie recipe. I found this one on Bettycrocker.com and it came out really yummy. I did make one mistake while making it, I forgot to add chocolate chips to the brownie batter, but that is nothing the good thing is they still came out good and my boyfriend loved them.
Caramel-Pecan Chocolate Brownies

1 package brownie mix (and ingredients listed on box)
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1/2 cup whipping (heavy) cream
20 caramels (from 14-oz bag), unwrapped
1egg, beaten
1 cup broken pecans


Heat oven to 350°F (if using dark or nonstick pan, heat oven to 325°). Grease bottom and side of 10-inch springform pan with shortening or cooking spray. In medium bowl, prepare brownies according to package. Stir in chocolate chips. Spread in pan.
Bake according to package directions or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
Meanwhile, in 1-quart saucepan, heat 1/2 cup whipping cream and the caramels over medium heat, stirring frequently, until caramels are melted. Stir small amount of the hot mixture into beaten egg, then stir egg back into mixture in saucepan. Cook over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until thickened. Stir in pecans. Spread over brownie. Refrigerate uncovered at least 3 hours until chilled.
Run metal spatula around side of pan to loosen dessert; remove side of pan. Transfer dessert on pan base to serving plate. Enjoy.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails