Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Cherry Crumb Pie



I had the day off the other day and thought it would be great if I baked something. So I searched my cabinets to see what I had and I came across some cherry pie filling. Then I saw that I had 1 pie crust left in the frezzer. Therefore I decided that the best thing to do was make a cherry pie with crumb topping. It must have been a good decision because the pie was gone by the end of the day. Now I am going to have to make another one for the sweet tooths at my house. :)
Cherry Crumb Pie
1 refrigerated pie crust
2 cans cherry pie filling
3/4 cup butter (1 1/2 sticks) softened
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar.
cinnamon (optional)
Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Line 1 pie crust in a glass pie dish. Fold excess dough on edges and pinch to create ripples. Pour the two cans of cherry pie filling into the shell. In a separate bowl blend the butter, sugar and flour creating a crumb topping. Pour crumb topping on top of pie. Sprinkle some cinnamon on top if you like. To bake place pie in center rack of oven and place a baking sheet on bottom rack to catch any over flow. If you don't have a bottom rack, then place the pie on the baking sheet and place in oven. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the crust and topping is a nice golden brown. Let cool on baking rack and enjoy. :)


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails