Thursday, September 9, 2010

Mint Chocolate Cake Truffles



I made three new cake truffles lately, with this being one of them. The first one I am going to share are my Mint Chocolate Cake Truffles. They are so delicious. I brought them to work and they were the first to go. Even my boyfriend loved them. When he woke up in the morning he was bummed to find out that I took them to work because he wanted more. What makes them minty is the chocolate I dipped them in . I found mint dipping chocolates at the store and thought they would perfect if I dipped the chocolate cake truffles into them. As a nice decorative touch I drizzled green chocolate on the tops. The green chocolate is just a vanilla flavor, but a lot of people thought that was where the mint flavor was coming from. Well I hope you enjoy these as much as everyone else did.
Mint Chocolate Cake Truffles
1 chocolate cake mix (and ingredients according to package)
1 can chocolate frosting
2 packages mint chocolate melting chips (I found mine at Michaels)
Green melting chocolate or sprinkles for decoration, optional

Bake the cake as directed on the box. When the cake is done let it cool until it is cool enough to handle. Crumple up the cake completely. Add in the entire can of frosting and mix thoroughly. Roll the cake mixture into small balls, about 1 inch each (If it is to sticky to handle, then refrigerate for 5-10 minutes or until easier to handle). After making all the balls, melt the mint chocolate melting chips according to package. Dip the cake balls into the chocolate one at a time. Shake off excess chocolate and place on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper. While the chocolate is still melted sprinkle the tops with sprinkles or drizzle with green melting chocolate. Let the chocolate harden and then enjoy. :)
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails