Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Apple Slice Pancakes


While browsing on Pinterest the other day (which I am always doing), I came across a yummy picture and recipe of something called Fried Apple Pancake Rings. I really wanted to make them for breakfast, but after reading the recipe I did not have all the ingredients and so I decided to make it a bit easier and use what I had on hand. Also mine did not come out looking like rings because the pancake batter would stay in the holes or while cooking the batter would spread to the hole and cover it up, that is why I decided to call mine apple slice pancakes. These things were yummy and I felt they were healthy because they were more apple than pancake. I will be making these again soon especially when I have some apples that need to be eaten up. 

Apple Slice Pancakes

Pancake Mix
Ground Cinnamon 
Green Apples, peeled, sliced into rings, and cored

Make pancake mix according to the package then add 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon. Depending on how much batter you have will depend on how many apples you will need. I used two small green apples and had a small amount of batter left to make a regular pancake. Dip the sliced apples into the batter and using a toothpick or chop stick take the apple ring out and place on a warm skillet. Cook just like a pancake until golden brown. Serve with syrup or sprinkle a little bit of cinnamon and sugar on top. Serve warm and enjoy. :)  
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails