Thursday, August 9, 2012

Pepperoni Pizza Pinwheels






While walking through the isles of the grocery store last night something caught my eye, mini pepperonis by Hormel. Once I saw those cute mini pepperonis my mind started thinking of all the possibilities that can be done with them. The first thing that popped in my head were pinwheels made with canned crescent rolls. When I was younger and my mom would throw parties we would make crescent pinwheels with ham and cheese or turkey and cheese as her hours d oeuvres. So I decided that the first thing I will make with the mini pepperonis would be pepperoni and cheese pinwheels just like the ones I made for my mom. 

As I was making them for dinner Tomas kept asking me what I was making and I just kept telling him it was a surprise. As they were cooking he asked again because he said it smelled good and I still would not tell him. As soon as they were done he came into the kitchen and said "those look amazing." I then proceeded to pour him some marinara sauce, which he then doctored up with some garlic and spices, then he took one of the pinwheels and gave it dip. It was love at first bite. He loved these little flaky pizza bites and lets just say they were so good that they on lasted a few minutes until we devoured every last one. I will have to make more the next time I make these instead of the little bit that I did.  :)


Pepperoni Pinwheels  
1 can refrigerated crescent rolls
Shredded Cheese
Hormel Mini Pepperonis
Marinara sauce

Preheat the oven to 375*F. Take two of the crescent triangles and piece together to make a rectangle. You should get four rectangles per can of crescent rolls. Sprinkle some cheese on top of the rectangle and then sprinkle some pepperonis on top of that. I really don't have a precise measurement for the cheese and pepperoni, just put however much you want, just don't over fill or they will become to hard to roll up. After you put the cheese and pepperoni on the crescent dough start rolling from one short end to the other. Press the end to seal shut. Take a knife and cut the roll four times to make circle pinwheel shapes. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. As soon as you remove the pinwheels from oven, use a spatula to remove from pan before the cheese causes then to stick to the pan . Enjoy while hot and use marinara sauce for dipping if you like. Enjoy :)   

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails