Monday, February 13, 2012

Cookie Dough Truffles On A Stick

When I first started browsing on pinterest, one of the first things I saw were cookie dough truffles. After seeing those delicious looking treats I told myself I will have to make them real soon especially since I love cookie dough. I decided that they would be the perfect thing for me to make for Valentine's Day for my coworkers. I was going to make them as the recipe showed but I decided to put sticks in them instead. That way it will make it a little easier for me to dip as well as for everyone to grab them off of the plate. I have a feeling that stick or no stick these tasty treats will not last long at all. They taste exactly like cookie dough and the best thing is there is no egg in them so they are safe to eat, just not safe for the waist line. :) I hope you enjoy these as much as I did and as much as my coworkers will tomorrow :)


Cookie Dough Truffles On A Stick

2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, room temperature
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup milk
1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
14 oz dark chocolate candy coating

Beat butter and sugars and in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add milk and vanilla. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt and mix on low speed until incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips.

Cover and chill dough for 1 hour.

When dough is firm enough to handle, form dough into 1" balls and arrange on a baking sheet. Place sticks into each ball and place in freezer and let chill for 30 minutes.

Melt chocolate candy coating in microwave according to package directions. Holding on to the tip of the stick, dip cookie balls into candy coating to cover and return to baking sheets. Chill until set.

Recipe from Love And Olive Oil
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. What a fun recipe! My little boy will really love this :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails