Sunday, January 29, 2012

Fast Blueberry Sauce


I just got back from spending a wonderful unexpected weekend in shaver lake. This past weekend I was very lucky to get the whole weekend off with out asking for it and even better Tomas got the whole weekend off also. Then we got even luckier when his friend Kendall and his girlfriend Amie invited us to go to his cabin in Shaver. It was so nice to be able to get away and relax. While there Amie and I made breakfast for the boys and I saw it as a great opportunity to make the fast blueberry sauce recipe I found on allrecipes.com. The original recipe called for honey and we didn't have any so I improvised and just used sugar in its place. This recipe was very easy to make and it tasted wonderful over waffles. I bet it will even taste great on ice cream. Well I hope you enjoy this fast blueberry sauce as much as we did. :)


Fast Blueberry Sauce

1 1/2 cups blueberries
3 tablespoons sugar
1/2 cup orange juice
1 tablespoon cornstarch

In a saucepan over medium heat, mix 1 1/2 cups blueberries, sugar and 1/4 cup orange juice. Bring to a boil. Mix the remaining orange juice and cornstarch in a small bowl. Stir into the blueberry mixture. Stir constantly until thickened. Enjoy :)
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails