Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Cheddar Potato Soup


Yesterday, while on the phone with my mom, she was telling me how she was cleaning up her cupboards by making meals with whatever ingredients she had on hand. She ended up making peach cobbler and potato soup. So that got me to thinking, I should make dinner with what I had in the house. Unfortunately I did not have time to make peach cobbler like she did, but I did make potato soup. I made a different soup then my mom, which you can see hers on her blog, I found the original recipe on allrecipes.com but i did make some changes. When I made the cheddar potato soup I got carried with the cheese and added way more then it called for, but Tomas said he liked it that way. I will definitely be making this soup again, especially if I have potatoes that need to be used up.

Cheddar Potato Soup
6 medium potatoes, cubed
2 cube chicken bouillon
2 cup water
2 teaspoon dried parsley
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons ground black pepper
4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
3 cups milk
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Cooked chopped bacon , optional

In a large stock pot add potatoes, chicken bouillon, water and parsley flakes. Season with salt and pepper and simmer until potatoes become tender.In a separate bowl mix flour and milk. Once it is well blended, add to soup mixture and cook until soup becomes thick. Stir in cheese and simmer until cheese is melted. Top with bacon and cheese and enjoy :)

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails