Thursday, January 6, 2011

Turtle Cookies


A while back I was shopping with my mom and I came across these caramel balls in the baking isle. They are called caramel bits and they are put out by Kraft. When I saw them I started to think of all the things I could do with them, with these turtle cookies being one of them. The first time I made them was a disaster. I could not get the cookies off the pan after they were done baking. That was because the caramel would stick to the pan once they cooled off. Therefore I baked the rest of them on parchment paper, it made it easier to remove from the pan as well as easier clean up. Well I hope you enjoy them as much as we did. Oh and if you cannot find the caramel bits in the store you can always cut up the individual wrapped caramel squares. Have fun :)

Turtle Cookies

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup caramel bits

Preheat the oven to 375° F. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips, chopped pecans, and caramel bits. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto parchment lined baking sheets. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets. Remove to wire racks to cool and enjoy.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails