Thursday, July 1, 2010

Lemon Cake Truffles


Let me start off by saying that these are the best cake truffles I have ever had. They were like little bites of heaven. This is the first time I made a different flavor then the chocolate cake truffles I have made before. I made this batch for my friend Jeni's birthday. Instead of making her a cake we she asked for cake truffles instead. We came up with making them lemon flavored and dip them in white chocolate. Then she decided that we should sprinkle the tops with the lemon flavored sugar crystals, which we were selling at our job. We were afraid that they were going to be too lemony, but they came out perfect. I will definitely be making these again, especially since I cant stop thinking about them.
Lemon Cake Truffles
1 lemon cake mix (and ingredients according to package)
1 can lemon frosting
2 packages white chocolate melting chips (I find mine at Michaels)
Lemon sugar or any sprinkle of your choice for decoration on top
Bake the cake as directed on the box. When the cake is done let it cool until it is cool enough to handle. Crumple up the cake completely. Add in the entire can of frosting and mix thoroughly. Roll the cake mixture into small balls, about 1 inch each. After making all the balls, melt the white chocolate melting chips according to package. Dip the cake balls into the chocolate one at a time. Shake off excess chocolate and place on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper. While the chocolate is still melted sprinkle the tops with the sugar or sprinkles of your choice. Let the chocolate harden and then enjoy. :)

Tips:

  1. If the cake truffles are too soft to handle for dipping in the chocolate, place in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes or until they are a little firmer.
  2. I found the best way for dipping the truffles in chocolate is to buy yourself some chocolate dipping tools. If you prefer not too a toothpick works just as well, but it is just a little harder to handle because the truffles falls off the toothpick.



This is how I gave my friend Jeni her truffles.
Happy Birthday Jeni!!!!!!!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails