Thursday, July 7, 2011

Apple Cinnamon Chip Pancakes with Crumb Topping


A while back I went to have breakfast/lunch with my friend Jeni. We decided to go to one of our favorite places Batter Up. At Batter Up they serve many different types of fun pancakes, as well as other foods, but I always get the pancakes. This time I decided to try the apple cinnamon chip pancakes with a crumb topping on top. They tasted amazing, so amazing that I had to try making them for myself. So this morning I went in the kitchen and attempted to make the pancakes myself. It was a success, they came out really good and I even have some left that I will be able to enjoy for breakfast tomorrow. Well I hope you get a chance to enjoy these lovely pancakes as I have. :)

Apple Cinnamon Chip Pancakes with Crumb Topping

Crumb Topping
1/2 cup oats
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons butter

Pancakes
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg
1 1/2 cups milk
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 half chopped apple
1/2 cup cinnamon chips

Crumb topping: Preheat the oven to 350*F. In a bowl combine the oats, brown sugar, flour, and butter. Using your fingers combine the ingredients, forming clumps, until all is combined. Spread on a cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes, check on it constantly and flip and move the crumb topping around to prevent burning.

Pancakes: In a large bowl stir the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In another bowl combine the egg, milk, and oil. Add all the egg mixture to to the flour mixture and mix until combined. Gently stir in the chopped apples and cinnamon chips. Heat an electric griddle or skillet. Pour a desired amount of batter on to the hot surface. Cook 1-2 minutes on each side or until pancakes turn a beautiful golden brown. Remove from heat. Sprinkle some crumb topping over the pancakes and enjoy. :)

Pancake recipe from Better Home and Garden cookbook.
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. These look so yummy! I gave you an award for having such a nice blog!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails