Saturday, July 16, 2011

Quick Trail Mix

What a view.


I just recently took a trip to Yosemite where we hiked the trail to Clouds Rest. You can read all about our trip under My Life page. It was a very long hike, but very rewarding. Along our hike we took a lot of breaks and one of the things we ate along our hike was the trail mix I quickly put together the night before. Trail mix is something anyone can make. The best things about making it yourself is you can put all the things you like in it and keep the things you don't like out. I would have put more in it but I just used what I had on hand. In my trail mix I took some salted peanuts, a package of dried cranberries, Reese's peanut butter chips, and chocolate covered raisins and dumped them in a large Ziploc gallon bag, sealed it shut and threw it in my backpack and headed off for our hike. Well I hope you get a chance to make your own trail mix and take a beautiful hike in Yosemite.

A view of the trail mix with Half Dome in the background and the clouds passing through us.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails