Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Fresh Fruit Crepes




I just love crepes. These also happen to be one of my boyfriend's favorite dishes as well, therefore I like to surprise him by making these once in a while. I first learned to make these in my foods and nutrition course back in high school. I have made these quite a few times since then; the recipe might be a little different, but they still taste great. The Recipe below is from the Better Home and Garden Cookbook, since I lost the one I received in my foods course. Now you don't have to just put fresh fruit, you can put ham and cheese, or anything you like. Be creative.


Crepes

2 eggs
1 ½ cups milk
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon cooking oil
¼ teaspoon salt

In a small mixing bowl combine the eggs, milk, flour, oil, and salt. Beat until well combined. Heat a lightly greased 6 inch skillet; remove from heat and spoon a few tablespoons of batter, tilt the skillet to spread the batter around evenly. Return to heat, brown one side and then flip over and cook for a few seconds. Remove from pan and place on plate. Repeat until there is no batter left. Fill crepes with fresh fruit of choice. Top with whipped cream or dust with powder sugar. Enjoy :)
This recipe will make at least 12 crepes depending on how much batter you use for each crepe. You can easily half the recipe if you do not want as much.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails