Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Pizza Stuffed Pretzels

I was browsing around on Pillsbury.com today and I came across this recipe for pizza stuffed Pretzels. I got so excited because I love pretzels and pizza. Therefore I decided that I have to try these out. I did change a couple of things though due to the ingredients I had on hand plus I felt that the bread needed a little of more flavoring. Mine were a bit overstuffed compared to the others, therefore they did not photograph to well, but they sure were yummy. I will definitely will be making these again. I hope you enjoy these as much as I did :)

Pizza Stuffed Pretzels

1 tablespoon Olive oil
1 tablespoon cornmeal
1 tablespoon flour
1 can refrigerated pizza crust
28 pepperoni slices
About 1-2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 tablespoon melted butter
4 tablespoons garlic powder
4 tablespoons parmesan cheese
4 tablespoons Italian seasoning

Heat the oven to 425º F. Brush a large cookie sheet with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle the sheet with cornmeal. Sprinkle flour over work spurface. Unroll pizza dough onto surfaceand press dough out into a rectangle that is 16x10 inches. With a pizza cutter cut the dough into 4 strips lengthwise that are 2 inches wide. Evenly place 7 pepperonis on each strip and sprinkle mozzarella cheese on strips. Bring up sides of each dough strip and press edegs together to seal the cheese and pepperoni inside. Gently roll into a rope and fold into a pretzel shape ( start by making a u-shape then cross the ends and fold over to make pretzel shape). Place pretzels on cookie sheet and brush the tops with the melted butter and sprinkle the tops with the Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and parmesan cheese. Place in the preheated oven and bake for 13-17 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with marinara sauce. Enjoy. :)


Pin It

1 comment:

  1. YUMMY! I will have to make these....better yet you can make them for me instead!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails