Thursday, June 10, 2010

Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars


I was craving something chocolaty the other day, but I didn't know what I wanted. Therefore I pulled out a couple of my cookbooks and began to flip through them. When I came across the recipe for these chocolate peanut butter bars in my Nestle Toll House Best Loved Cookies Cookbook, I decided that I had to make them. I am so glad I did because they were absolutely delicious. Well anyways I hope you enjoy these as much as I did. :)
Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 ¼ cups granulated sugar
¾ cup creamy peanut butter
½ cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

Combine flour and baking soda in a small bowl. Beat the granulated sugar, peanut butter, butter, and vanilla extract in a large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in egg. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in 1 ¼ cups of the chocolate chips. Press into ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips; press down slightly. Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until center is set. Cool completely. Cut into bars and enjoy. :)
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails