Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Strawberry Butter


Last month Tomas and I went to dinner at Sweet Tomatoes. One of the things we always have there is the sourdough bread and butter. Well this time there was a new butter to choose from, it was strawberry butter. It was so good that I wanted to take some home with me so I can have it for breakfast on a bagel. I didn't take any home with me, however I started researching the web and I found a recipe by Martha Stewart. The recipe is very easy to make and taste very yummy. My strawberries are a little more chunky then they should be, but that's ok, because once the butter starts melting on my warm toasted bagel I am left with chunks of strawberries on top of my bagel. Enjoy :)


Strawberry Butter

1 cup (2 sticks butter)
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt (if butter is salted then don't add)
1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh strawberries (I think I did 3/4 cup:)

Beat the butter, powdered sugar and salt (if needed) into an electric mixer for about one minute. Add the strawberries and beat until combined. Chill until ready to serve.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails